Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Veggie Monster is just a rumor


So I recently heard that the beloved Cookie Monster (blue, furry, gluttony bound fellow from Sesame Street) was being transformed into Veggie Monster. I was immediately appalled by the news. It was from a good source too. One of my clients, age 7, came in to the gym recently and blurted the news. Upon further research to verify the story I soon learned that this was a rumor and a nasty one at that. Then I pondered. Why such an adverse reaction? After all I promote mindful eating and healthy choices. After quite a bit of reflection it dawned on me. If this disturbing gossip was fact, would this be the appropriate way to combat childhood obesity? HA! I laugh out loud. This problem is so much deeper. Teaching healthy habits starts early and often. It takes good old fashion hard work! Cookie Monster has been shoving obscene quantities of cookies in his oversized charming mouth since 1969. Our nation's weight woes have been spiraling out of control over the last decade. Can hardly blame our furry blue friend for this. Keep Cookie Monster alive. Let's focus our energy on killing video games.

No comments:

Post a Comment